2017: Coverage of Frontiers in Psychology article “Gendered Pathways: How Mathematics Ability Beliefs Shape Secondary and Postsecondary Course and Degree Field Choices”, co-authored with Samantha Nix and Kirby Thomas:
- FSU News, Kara Irby, 4/6/17 “Under challenge: Girls’ confidence level, not math ability hinders path to science degrees.”
- AASWomen Newsletter, Women in Astronomy, Maria Patterson, 4/7/17.
- Bridge to Tomorrow, Paul Cottle, 4/6/17 “Maybe this is part of why women only earn one-fifth of the bachelors’ degrees in engineering, computer science and physics: Girls are as good at math as boys are, but they don’t think they are.”
Brit + Co, Nicole Breese, “This Is the Disappointing Reason Women Aren’t Pursuing More Careers in Math and Science“, 4/8/17
- The Financial Express, IANS, “What stops girls from pursuing science? Low confidence level.” 4/10/17
- Free Press Journal, PTI, “Why don’t girls opt for science degrees?” 4/10/17.
- Hindustan Times, “Lack of confidence, not maths ability keeping girls out of science: Study.” 4/9/17
- New Delhi TV (NDTV). Anisha Singh, “Low Confidence in Mathematics Hinders Women From Pursuing Science Degrees, Says Research,” 4/10/17
- The NewsMinute, Indo Asian News Service (IANS), “Low confidence levels stop women from pursuing ‘hard science.” 4/10/17
- Politico, Morning Education Report, Benjamin Wermund, with help from Caitlin Emma, Kimberly Hefling and Sergio Bustos, “Higher ed leaders make pitch for federal research dollars on Trump’s terms”… “REPORT ROLL CALL“, 4/7/17
- PsychCentral, Rick Naubert, 4/7/17 “Confidence Boost Can Help Girls Move into Science Professions.“
- PhysicsWorld, Sara Tesh, “Flash Physics: Superconductor is flexible, girls underestimate maths ability, super-Earth has atmosphere“, 4/7/17
- Tampa Bay Times, Gradebook, Jeffrey Solochek, “ICYMI: Florida education news week of 4.2.17 in review“, 4/7/17
- Techly, Stefan Kostarelis, “Lack of confidence leads talented female students to give up STEM,” 4/10/17
- Tribune India, “Girls’ low confidence in math hinders path to science degrees.” 4/10/17